31 May CBD Boyz Bring the Best Bud to Dublin
The CBD Boyz love Bud!
It’s all about the bud for the CBD Boyz. We’re not interested in the ever-groaning (oops–growing) list of CBD products. We’re not knocking them, we’re just not interested! We love, eat, sleep and dream carefully cultivated and cured to perfection – bud. Remember our mission? Think we mentioned it before – but here it is again just in case it’s slipped your mind …
Dublin … the final frontier. These are the voyages of The CBD Boyz; its five-year mission … to explore exotic new fields … to seek out new strains and new cultivations … to boldly go where no Dubliner has gone before. And bring rare and exotic strains straight to your D1, D2, D3, D4 or County Dublin door! That very day – or bright and early the next!
To celebrate all things bud for the summer season – we bring you a quick and easy CBD cookie recipe! But first a tip – for the best results – decarboxylate your CBD first.
What is decarboxylation? It’s the reaction of cannabinoids when heat is applied. CBD with low concentration THC (0.02%) reacts the same way as high concentration THC cannabis. That’s why we smoke or vape it. Heat must be applied to activate the cannabinoids.
- Pre heat oven to 105°C
- Grind your bud with a grinder
- Line an oven tray with baking paper/parchment
- Lay the ground bud evenly on the tray
- Put it in the oven for 40–45 mins or until it turns a light golden brown.
Keep a close eye on it. If overheated it will destroy the cannabinoids and terpenes. You could do it a bit faster – 30 mins at 120°C but again, keep watch and don’t over bake it or you’ll destroy the cannabidiol properties.
CBD Cookie Recipe
- 130g Butter
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- 250g Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5g CBD bud (decarboxylated)
- Options for flavours of your choice: cinnamon, vanilla, choc chips, lemon/orange zest, finely chopped nuts
- A pot (medium size)
- A mixing bowl
- Hand mixer or wooden spoon or whisk
- Baking paper /parchment
- Flat baking tray (either is fine)
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Line the baking tray with baking paper
- Melt the butter in the pot on a low heat. When it’s melted add the decarboxylated bud. Keep this on a very low heat, stirring intermittently for 15 mins. If you’ve got more time, leave it a bit longer – this will ensure the cannabinoids and terpenes are infused into the butter (make sure the heat remains low and don’t let it burn!)
- Pour the butter – through a strainer – into a mixing bowl
- Add the sugar and eggs. Beat well, you can use a wooden spoon, whisk or mixer. Stir in the flour a little at a time, beating well as you add it
- Now add your flavours of choice then stir evenly into mixture – choc chips, nuts, cinnamon, vanilla or orange/lemon zest.(Our personal favourite – orange zest and choc chips!)
- Make tablespoon-sized dough balls and place them evenly apart (approximately 4-5 cm) onto the lined baking tray. Flatten a little with the back of the spoon
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 mins. When they begin to turn light golden brown they’re ready
Eat and enjoy!